A popular Florida restaurant will close its doors for the rest of the spring break amid concerns about further damage to the place after fights there.
Miami Beach’s popular party venue, the Clevelander Hotel, has broken out fights over the past week as crowds flock to visit in prime times.
As a warning, the hotel will continue to work for its guests, but food and beverage activity will remain closed to the public until “at least” March 24, he said.
“For decades, Clevelander South Beach has been one of Ocean Drive’s most iconic and well-known businesses,” a statement posted online and on the front door of the establishment reads. “Recently, we have become increasingly concerned about the safety of our dedicated staff and valued customers and the city’s ability to maintain a safe environment.”
The hotel said it will reassess the situation as to whether or not it will reopen. The hotel promised to pay its employees full salary despite closure.
Miami Beach has recently seen a surgeon in visitors during the spring break, some insulting.
FORT LAUDERDALE POLICY PUSH PUBLISHED ON BREAK SPRING ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION REPORT
The trouble began last week when police arrested 150 spring breakers at an outlawed party.
Fighting at Kantina Restaurant on Thursday forced police to use pepper balls to disperse crowds and break up fighting, NBC Miami reported. Video from the scene showed people struggling to get out of the way as the fights fell around.
Several people were arrested for disorderly conduct at the site.
A similar incident at the Social, next door to the Clevelander, sparked a street fight, with tables and chairs smashed, the Miami Herald reported.
“Last weekend we had a very close stampede with people pouring into our building, running inside, into the restaurant, into our kitchen, into the kitchen. our lobby, “said Jessica Francos, vice president of operations for Jesta Hotels. “We saw the situation get out of control and yesterday it happened again.”
Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber said he does not “blame them for wanting to close,” already making difficult decisions trying to overcome the turmoil over the past week. It was said that he felt “this city is under siege” because of the number of people in the area.
FLORIDA SPRING BREAKER FLEES COP CAR INCLUDED FOR POLICY USE ITSELF, VIDEO WILD
“We’ve made this field a field that’s going well, it’s kind of like coming here playing, playing, playing instead of a living space for work,” Gelber said. , according to CBS 4 Miami. “So for me, I want to multiply there, so it’s not just 105 bars that open until 5 in the morning.”
Ernesto Rodriguez, a Miami Beach police criminal, said: “In the past [five and a half] weeks, we have arrested over 900 here in our city. We issued over 5,000 traffic citations. Last night alone, nearly two dozen arrests were made directly in our entertainment district. “
The city has called for confirmation from Miami-Dade police to increase the presence of officers on the streets following Monday’s deadly shooting.
CLICK HERE TO THE FOX NEWS APP
“It’s a dangerous situation for our community. It’s a dangerous situation for officers and that’s why it’s important that we work quickly and use tactics like pepper balls to disperse crowds,” Rodriguez said.