Champions League 20-21
Cycle 7 – 16/02/2021
- 4 – 1
- Paris Saint-Germain
- 2 – 0
- 1 – 2
- 3 – 2
- Athletico Madrid
- 1 – 0
- 4 – 1
- Bayern Munich
- Wednesday, 24/02, 22:00
- Real Madrid
- Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Wednesday, 24/02, 22:00
- Manchester city
Leroy Sana, Score: 7
The German winger abused the Lazio defense every time again, scored and was also responsible for Acherby’s own goal
Francesco Acherby, Score: 3
There were many candidates for the disappointing player and they all came from the Lazio defense, but the veteran Acherbi with an own goal and a host of mistakes “wins” the dubious honor
European champions Bayern Munich made a big step into the next stage of the Champions League tonight (Tuesday), when they returned from Italy with a big 1: 4 over Lazio, in the round of 16.
First, it is impossible without reference to Uriel Greenfeld who became the first Israeli referee to referee in the knockout stage of the Champions League, and together with the team that included Roi Hassan, Idan Yarkoni and Gal Leibowitz, certainly provided a good refereeing display and was error-free.
And back to football itself. To beat Bayern Munich, Lazio knew they would have to be at their peak, but their defense displayed one of their weakest games this season, and in fact was responsible for almost every goal Bayern scored. One of them, by the way, was conquered by Jamal Musiala, the 17-year-old Englishman.
So even though the German defense looked more penetrating than before and Lazio could certainly have scored more than one goal, it can be assumed that this duel is over, and Hansi Flick world champion will go on to the next stage, and is undoubtedly the clear favorite to win the most prestigious European football title again.
Half a second
- Eric Chopo Muting came in to replace Jamal Musiala
- Buena Sar came in to replace Leroy Sana
- Danilo Catalaldi replaces Sergei Milinkovic-Savic
- Jean-Daniel Acapro came in to replace Luis Alberto
- Robert Lewandowski was close to Bayern’s fifth, but this time Reina was in place
- Lucas Hernandez came in to replace Kingsley Coman
- Xavi Martinez replaced Leon Gorczka
- Gonzalo Escalante replaces Lucas Leiba
- Wesley Hudd came in to replace Patrick
- Gate! Lazio shrunk to 4: 1: Joaquin calls in a great personal operation scored a shrinking goal in favor of the Italians
- Gate! Bayern Munich went up to 0: 4: the second half opened and Lazio’s nightmare continued. Leroy Sana abused again in the host defense, passed a ball wide and Francesco Acherby pushed to his hair he
- Gate! Bayern Munich went up to 0: 3: Lazio’s defense continued to hand out presents, and this time Kingsley Koeman did just what he wanted, Reina still managed to fend off but the ball reached Leroy Sana who kicked close to the net
- Robert Lewandowski could have captured the Germans’ third, but kicked to the center of the goal from an extension and this time Reina top with the foot
- Matteo Musakio paid the price for the big mistake in the first goal, and Sanad Lulich came in to replace him early in the match.
- Gate! Bayern Munich went up to 0: 2: What an amazing story, when 17-year-old English talent Jamal Musiala put the Germans in a double advantage with a goal with an accurate kick from about 16 meters
- Luis Alberto with Lazio’s first real situation at the end of a neatly arranged attack, but his kick was weak and did not endanger Neuer
- A first test moment for Uriel Greenfeld, when Sergei Milinkovich-Savic doubtfully failed in the open, but after a quick check on VAR it was decided not to whistle for Pendel
- Bayern continued to crush Lazio, and this time a quick attack ended with a heel to Leroy Sana’s pitch, but Leon Gorczka missed the ball slightly.
- Gate! Bayern Munich went up to 0: 1: a huge mistake by Matteo Musakio who wanted to return a ball to Pepe Reina but delivered directly to Robert Lewandowski, and the Polish striker needed no more than that to score
- Bayern came close again, and this time Joshua Kimich passed a ball wide that Lazio’s defense and Pepe Reina missed, but Robert Lewandowski failed to put his foot in time.
- Nicklas Zola cut the Lazio defense with a wonderful break on the right wing into the extension, but the Lazio defense pushed his delivery to the corner
- Uriel Greenfeld kicked off the game