HALIFAX – New Brunswick Public Health reports five new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, with the region’s overall operational cases falling to 49.
They are as follows:
Man aged 70 to 79 in Zone 1 (Moncton)
Man aged 30-39 in Zone 2 (St John)
Man 60-69 in Zone 2
Man 40-49 in Zone 4 (Edmundston)
Man 29-29 in Zone 6 (Bathurst)
NB Public Health says they are all self-absorbed.
New Brunswick has confirmed 578 cases of COVID-19. Of those, 520 have passed. Eight have died, leaving 49 active cases in the province.
There are currently three people in hospital due to COVID-19, with one in intensive care.
To date, 145,419 COVID-19 tests have been performed in New Brunswick.
The number of cases is broken down by New Brunswick’s seven health zones:
- Zone 1 – Moncton Region: 150 confirmed cases (6 active cases)
- Zone 2 – St John’s Division: 130 confirmed cases (11 active)
- Zone 3 – Fredericton Area: 113 confirmed cases (11 active)
- Zone 4 – Edmundston area: 32 confirmed cases (18 active)
- Zone 5 – Campbellton area: 137 confirmed cases (no active cases)
- Zone 6 – Bathurst area: 12 confirmed cases (3 active)
- Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 4 confirmed cases (no active cases)
TRAFFIC VEHICLE INFORMATION
The New Brunswick online directory includes information on vehicle traffic attempting to enter the region.
On Friday, 1,585 personal vehicles and 1,000 commercial vehicles attempted to cross the border into the region.
Of the vehicles attempting to cross the border, 19 were denied permission, for a rejection rate of 0.7 percent.