The Guinean government has officially announced a new outbreak of Ebola on Sunday.
The official confirmation of the conduct comes after several cases were identified in the West African country.
The head of Guinea’s health group, Sakoba Keita, said the country was experiencing a “contagious Ebola situation.”
Seven positive cases have been confirmed so far, including three deaths, he said.
Health officials had reported four deaths earlier. It was not immediately clear why the figure had been lowered.
On Saturday, Health Minister Remy Lamah told the AFP news agency that officials were “deeply concerned” about the deaths of Ebola, the first since the 2013-2016 pandemic – which began in Guinea and saw 11,300 lives. deaths from the disease across the region.
What do we know about the issues?
One of the latest victims in the West African country was a nurse who developed symptoms at the end of January and was buried on February 1, Keita, who heads the National Health Security Agency, told local media.
He said “some people who took part in this funeral started with symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, swelling and fever a few days later.”
The recent deaths from Ebola hemorrhagic fever occurred in the southeastern region of Nzerekore, health officials said.
WHO Ebola warning
The World Health Organization (WHO) has viewed every new Ebola crisis since 2016 with great concern, treating the latest uprising in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as a global health crisis.
A WHO representative told the AFP news agency that the group is moving to send aid to Guinea quickly.
DR Congo has been involved in several outbreaks of the disease, with the WHO on Thursday confirming a three-month recovery after authorities announced the country’s latest epilepsy.
In November last year, the central African country announced that the six-month epidemic was coming to an end. This was the 11th revolution reported by DR Congo in total, with 55 people dying from 130 reported cases.
Extensive use of vaccines, given to more than 40,000 people, has helped prevent outbreaks.
The 2013-2016 epilepsy impacted the development of the Ebola vaccine, with the collection of an international emergency stockpile of 500,000 doses expected to deal swiftly with a future outbreak, the GAVI vaccine alliance said in January.
rs, js / mm (AFP, Reuters, AP)