Get outta here, WandaVision. You are onfor a full two weeks, and there is a new one home display. The de fell on him on Friday, bringing us an espionage adventure with two of them .
The last time we saw Sam Wilson, aka Falcon (Anthony Mackie), the RAF veterinarian was chosen to be theand donated the image shield by Steve Rogers. He wasn’t too sure about picking up the costume, though.
On the other side of the show title, we have Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), aka The Winter Soldier. Originally a side Steve during World War II, he spent decades as a brain murderer for the terrorist group Hydra. It has been ever sinceand he rejoined the heroes, but it is not easy to overcome the sins of the past.
This show happens after, when billions of people away have returned after five years and suddenly the world feels very full. We jump over the border SPOILER domain.
Your new Captain America
After telling Sam that he made “the right decision” in donating a Cap shield to the Captain America Exhibition at the Smithsonian Museum of Air and Space in Washington, the same government official is no longer forward showcasing a new Captain America to the world. It’s clearly a kick in the teeth for Sam, who handed over the shield because he said no one should step into Steve’s career.
There is also something terribly icky about giving the shield to a white boy after the Black man chosen to resign.
The new government Captain for America is John Walker (Wyatt Russell). In a, Walker was selected for the role in the comics after Steve resigned due to political obstruction. Sam was considered for the post there as well, but politicians reasoned that people weren’t ready for Black Captain America – it’s possible they think the same way in the MCU.
Walker has been both hostile and friendly to Cap in the comics, going by names like the rather intense Super-Patriot and more rational US representative. It’s all about serving Uncle Sam, though, to the point where he’s often a puppet for morally questionable politicians.
I kinda wish they made Ralph Boehner the new cap, just to work with us.
The late Steve Rogers?
When Sam gives up the shield, he describes Steve as “gone.” It’s unclear if Steve is dead or alive at this stage – he would have been over 100 years old when he appeared again at the end of Endgame. It is possible that the Super Soldier formula gave it a longer lifespan than usual, so it could still be in good physical shape.
Sam’s new buddy, Joaquin Torres, discusses a conspiracy theory about Steve being in a secret center on the moon. Maybe it’s next to Attilan, the ruined city of Inhuman from that show that we all want to forget ?! Try not to.
Marvel Studios has apparently not decided whether Steve is returning yet, so he is alive and dead.
Cap Schrödinger, ma thogras tu.
The opening action sequence in the Tunisian skies feels like the beginning of Captain America 2014: Soldier of the Winter, from the release of Sam from the plane to the presence of Georges Batroc (Georges St. Pierre). It’s clearly designed to tell us that Sam deserves Steve’s place, despite how difficult it is.
Batroc, the handsome Charles, is alive to fight another day as he jumped off the helicopter just before being shot down by missiles. Really keeping up with his alter ego comic book speaker – Batroc the Leaper – with that movement.
There are no more boundaries
We only get a little bit about the show’s villain group, the Flag-Smashers, in this program. They are the world ‘s favorite anarchist group as it was at the time of the Blip, without limits – one can kinda see where they come from. Take pity on the violence.
They gather followers online, and engage in the V For Vendetta “everyone wears the same mask” miscarriage style to remove a heist. And at least one of them has extreme strength and reflexes.
In, Flag-Smasher is an individual identity rather than a group. A few people have taken over, but their common goal was to spread anti-national sentiment through acts of terrorism. The original, Karl Morgenthau, took a special umbrella with Captain America, seeing it as a symbol of American ideas.
All Marvel movies and TV shows coming out in Stage 4 (and beyond)
See all pictures
We see Bucky “rehabilitating” for what he did dark as a Winter Soldier, including taking down a corrupt grandfather sent by Hydra. (I could see a whole series about his decades working for Hydra.)
He tells his doctor that he was “a little quiet in Wakanda” – he was taken from there betweenand . He got the nickname “White Wolf” there, which is about the same level of cool as “Winter Soldier.”
However, in the program ‘s most emotional gut – punch, it turns out that he befriends the father of one of the victims. They have a fun time hanging out and he even gets a lovely date for Bucky, but is wrapped in guilt for enjoying it.
That date seemed to be going well too! I believe it’s a three or four date before anyone tells her about a past as a brainwashed murder soldier.
WTF comments and questions
- The sound at the beginning of the exchange is the last exchange between old Cap and Sam in Avengers: Endgame.
- We’re “a few months” after Endgame, according to Sam – it was previously confirmed that it will happen six months after those events. Sin between and .
- Rhodey (Don Cheadle) has little to do here other than push Sam to raise the shield. He will star in an upcoming Disney Plus show .
- In the comics, comes Joaquin Torres while Sam is Captain America.
- Why would you sit next to a body? I understand the dead pilot reveals to the audience that the plane has been taken over by baddies, but Louie should have crashed the pilot out.
- Normal wings are cool, but the baddies in this show look awkward compared to Sam’s awesome wings.
- The view in the bank is very disturbing, especially since the loan officer is very unprofessional. It’s also a bit strange that the bank’s policies don’t seem to pay attention to people who are Blipped.
- Sam refers to “government contracts,” but why not mention that beautiful Microsoft currency ?!
- The mission at the start of Captain America: The Winter Soldier was announced to have been set up by Nick Fury to learn about Hydra’s sad plans. He’s unlikely to be involved in this one since he’s in space, but could there be more to Sam Tunisian activity than meets the eye?
Join us for more Easter eggs and ideas next Friday, whenof the Falcon and the Winter Soldier hitting Disney Plus.