CD Projekt has released a package for Cyberpunk 2077 that deals with several question bits as well as crashes.
Hotfix 1.05, measured at 17.358GB for me to play on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility, is now live on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, with PC to follow soon.
There is a long list of solutions. On the playing side of things, NPCs that take cover have improved response time. There are some visual fixes, including this weird tweak: “V appears more modest in the inventory preview after a half-year montage;)”
I’m not entirely sure what this one is all about, but I’m assuming there was a bug with the way V appears in the roster at this stage of the game – probably without gear any equipment?
CD Projekt also mentions a number of sustainability improvements, including crash resolution. And here’s an interesting one: off-screen explosions make noise now. I was amazed at how many explosions I didn’t know were happening inside ears.
On the PC side of things, CD Projekt has removed the discussion console “to prevent actions that could lead to crashes or block quests”. “That doesn’t mean we don’t want to support the modding community,” CD Projekt said. “Stay tuned for more information on that.”
It’s on tokens where Cyberpunk 2077 needs most of the work, of course, and there are some console-specific enhancements. Here is the list:
- Improved image shortening with Chromatic Aberration and Grain Film on it.
- Your setting should no longer reset to normal after several resume game sessions.
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
- Correction of appearance of several vehicles.
- [Xbox] Entering a fight while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in a player health bar without being displayed.
- [Xbox] The game will no longer become unresponsive when logging out of profile when the administrator’s disconnection message is displayed.
- A telemetry permission request will reappear due to an earlier issue with resetting settings.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to drop the crane in Megabuilding H8 in Automated Love.
Lots of fixes, then, but there’s still a long way to go before Cyberpunk 2077 is in the state it should be – and maybe where it needs to be before Sony releases it back on the PlayStation Store . There is no mention, for example, of frame and resolution improvements on tokens in this folder. Fingers crossed over the game are so prone to crashes, now – I still get a hard crash once every two hours on PS5. CD Projekt has promised two major pieces, one in January and the other in February 2021.