Riverdale, March 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Industry leaders in air filter manufacturing and engineering, Camfil USA, have published an article detailing their advice for workplace air quality control and improvement. While poor air quality is linked to a number of health problems and should always be a priority, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of ensuring that the air we breathe is clean.
“When protecting people’s health is a top concern, it’s up to businesses not to leave a stone untrained as they prepare to relaunch or modernize the business,” said Mark Davidson, Technical Materials Manager at Camfil USA. As many businesses have to reopen their offices, Camfil offers six key recommendations for protecting employees and customers by improving and maintaining safe air quality. inside.
- Understanding your surroundings. Recent studies have shown that droplets infected with the COVID-19 virus can stay in the air longer than originally expected, and may be able to survive on some exposed surfaces for days ( up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and as long as three days on plastic and stainless steel, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine). In addition to this danger, the fact remains that indoor air can be five and a half times more polluted than outdoor air; with city dwellers spending up to 90% of their time indoors, these high pollution levels pose a significant health risk. “Evaluating the outdoor atmosphere along with indoor air quality is the first step in the process of regaining control,” notes Davidson.
- Classify your air quality requirements. Many laws are in place designed to protect human health, business processes, and the environment from air pollutants, but air quality is regulated by a number of different bodies, including the EPA and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Administration Cheers). “Management efforts will begin to classify the air pollutants, set its boundaries to avoid any human harm, and take appropriate steps to reduce the risks involved,” says Davidson. So every business needs to identify the substances called air pollutants or harmful particles in the surrounding air to start the control plan. ”
- Use a checklist. There are a number of essential actions that you should check regularly to make sure your air filtration system is in good order. Camfil has compiled a checklist of these products for your convenience, which you can download here.
- Identify potential pollution risk. In every breath we take there are over 25 million grains. Depending on the details of your business, your air can be exposed to harmful microphones, chemicals, gases, ozone or corrosive substances, all of which can pose significant health risks. Different harmful substances require a different solution. Camfil provides containment equipment for highly emergency applications such as laboratories and hospitals, and recommends air purifiers for facilities with elevated air pollution. Low-risk applications may consider using 80% EPA or ePM1 filters or a higher proportion of air filters.
- Monitor item levels. The World Health Organization (WHO) believes that grains affect the health of more people around the world than any other pollutant. Monitoring your air quality is a valuable long-term tool to give you early signs of potential problems so that preemptive steps can be taken.
- Understand your air conditioning requirements. Air filtration is one of the methods of combating the effects of harmful pathogens such as COVID-19. Clean air should be introduced into your facility regularly to ensure a clean working environment. A high-efficiency air filtration solution can prevent airborne diseases as it can capture and remove harmful organisms, as well as organic organic fertilizers (VOCs) and other harmful chemicals, from the air. Contact an air filtration expert to handle your air quality requirements.
About Camfil Clean Air Solutions
For more than half a century, Camfil around the world has been helping people breathe cleaner air. As a leading manufacturer of clean air solutions, we provide commercial and industrial systems for air filtration and air pollution control that improve the productivity of workers and equipment, reduce energy use, and provide benefits. for human health and the environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Camfil has applied decades of experience in biosecurity containment, healthcare, and other sectors of the air filtration industry to provide technical solutions to the public. as well as in hospitals and healthcare facilities. To contact your local Camfil adviser, click here.
Contact the media:
Camfil USA Air Filters
A: Friend Camfil USA on Facebook
T: Follow Camfil USA on Twitter
Y: Watch Camfil videos on YouTube
L: Follow our LinkedIn page
This announcement was made for the source above. Camfil and SA [ID=17425]
Disclaimer: The information is not an advice or offer to buy. Any purchase from this story will be made at your own risk. Consult an experienced health professional / consultant before purchasing one. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of sale of the website. The publisher of the content and its distribution partners assumes no responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, please contact the company that owns this news release.