TOKYO – (AFTERNOON PRAYER) – Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a leading provider of advanced semiconductor solutions, today (as of March 20, 2021 at 9:00 pm) announced an announcement that a fire had occurred on March 19, 2021 at 2:47 am at part of the processes in Building N3 (300mm line) of Naka Factory (located in Hitachinaka, Ibaraki Prefecture) of Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas. The fire was extinguished on the same day on March 19, 2021. Once again, we would like to extend our sincere apologies to nearby residents, customers, partner companies, relevant authorities and others. everyone involved for the trouble.
1. The place of the fire
First Floor of Building N3 (300mm line), Naka Factory, Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
2. Time and date of the fire and current situation (updates clarified)
Friday, March 19, 2021 at 2:47 am: Fire Rebellion; It affected the fire department, police and relevant authorities
Friday, March 19, 2021 at 8:12 am: The fire department confirmed that the fire had been extinguished
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.: A site investigation led by the police and fire department began
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm: Site inspection concluded
3. Impact of fire (updates clarified)
We did not identify any injuries to staff.
Although no damage was done to the building, we did confirm that some of the utility equipment was damaged such as the freshwater supply and air conditioning as well as some of the manufacturing equipment.
- The site inspection led by the police and fire department has been completed, and we have determined that the cause of the fire is the plating equipment, one of the processes inside the N3 building (300mm line). The resistance of the equipment and the plating tank is relatively against heat, and the equipment is ignited due to excessive pressure. However, the purpose of the wrist and the purpose of the discount are currently being investigated.
- The firing range is about 600m2, which is about 5% of the clean room space (12,000m2) of Building N3 (300mm line).
- The incinerated manufacturing equipment consisted of 11 units, approximately 2% of the N3 Building manufacturing equipment (300mm line).
Production at Building N3 (300mm line) has been temporarily suspended. We will let you know when we aim to resume production.
The production at Building N2 (200mm line) and Building WT (subsequent test) is working as usual and will continue production.
The impact on equipment manufacturing, labor and the financial impacts on a company are uncertain and are currently being investigated.
Renesas will continue to fight for community safety and with the support of the fire and police departments as well as the relevant authorities, we will investigate the matter in depth and work to prevent it from happening. again.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers reliable rooted design innovation with complete semifinal solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live . A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides complete solutions for a wide range of automation, industrial, infrastructure, and IoT applications that help shape an infinite future . Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.