Prince Philip, the 99-year-old man of Queen Elizabeth of Britain, has spent a seventh night in hospital after being admitted as a warning.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital in London on Tuesday night last year after being advised by his doctor to admit him after feeling ill.
Buckingham Palace has said he was expected to stay in hospital for a few days to observe and his 94-year-old wife has stayed at Windsor Castle, her home in west London where the couple have been. at the time of Covid-19 locking.
Both royals have received the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine and Duke’s disease is not related to Covid-19. A royal source has said he was expected to stay in hospital by this week and Philip was in good spirits.
Prince William, the son of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s heir, said on Monday that his grandfather was “OK, they’re keeping an eye on him”.
Philip’s illness comes at a difficult time for the queen and the monarchy after it was announced last week that William’s younger brother Prince Harry and his American wife Meghan would break all official royal ties.
Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, resigned from duties in March last year, and that split was formalized on Friday, with the couple losing their valuable royal support.
They have moved with their son Archie to Southern California to lead a more independent life and escape the British media, and next month will give an “extensive” interview to Oprah Winfrey’s Unite States talk show.
Philip, who has been the queen’s confidante during his 69-year reign and the family’s patriarch, is being removed by the council’s monarch.
However, the prince has taken more of a back seat since retiring in public life in 2017, with many of his official appointments being taken over by other family members.