Tired of endless parade of Zoom meetings, and? Install Zoom Escaper, a tool that lets you disrupt your own audio call with the raucous sounds of a barking dog, baby crying, the sound of a raise or wind, giving you the perfect excuse to skip a call.
Zoom Escaper is a piece of free software created by artist and educator Sam Lavigne. It works through another piece of software called VB-Audio, which works under a donation system.
We do not recommend free software that does not come from an app store, so make sure you do a full review of the software before doing so. And we don’t necessarily recommend misleading your colleagues (though), but we get .
How to use Zoom Escaper to get out of early meetings
Lavigne offers a step-by-step tutorial video on how you can download and use Zoom Escaper on its website. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Zoom Escaper website.
2. Enable on-site microphone access by clicking on the Enable microphone button under the first navigation box.
3. Download and install VB-Cable. Then update the Zoom Escaper website.
4. Hit the start up button. You will see eight different hearing effects that you can try out: echo, upset baby, wind, erection, bad connection, dogs, crying man and urination (why would you want the two about finally I’m not quite sure). You can change the volume and some other features as feedback about some of the options.
5. Under Result on this page, find the collapsed VB-Cable. Pick it up and hit it off start up.
6. Open Zoom, and go to Circumstances > Sound. Position your microphone to VB-Cable. Fo Eliminate background noise, select Low. Fo Professional music and audio, select Show in-app option …, and make sure all the boxes below that are unchecked.
7. Initiate or include a Zoom call. Go back to the Zoom Escaper site, and check the box or boxes for the audio effects you want to add.
8. When you have successfully passed your meeting (or are done playing around with this), hit the Stad button on the Zoom Escaper site. Go back to your Zoom Audio settings and turn your microphone back to the one you use most often.
Remember: When you apply an audible effect to your call, you won’t be able to hear it embedded in your own voice, so be careful.
Looking for more ways to have some fun with Zoom? We have guidelines for, and . Plus, here they are .