BEIJING, March 20 (Xinhua) – Future work will be on identifying the origin of the novel coronavirus governing the notion that it was released from a Chinese laboratory unless evidence emerged new, Chinese-led joint World Health Organization (WHO) -China study has said that while it denies disagreements between Chinese and foreign experts, the South China Morning Post said in a article.
“The team of experts unanimously agreed that it is highly unlikely that the virus will be released from the laboratory. So future missions to detect the origin of viruses will not focus on this area, if there is no new evidence, “former national health official Liang Wannian, a Health Commission official, said in a recent interview with Chinese Daily Global Times, according to the article published Thursday.
A joint team of WHO-China experts reached an important consensus that the virus is of natural origin – the most likely route of transmission was from natural host to intermediate host, and then to humans – although more research is needed still.
The agreement came after the experts had “deep, deep communication” with their colleagues at Hubei Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Wuhan Institute of Virology and institutes other and biosecurity centers.
Liang’s comments came after the WHO told Tuesday that the team’s final report, expected this week, had been postponed because it was not “ready.”
Noting all the experts from all 10 countries to adhere to “scientific principles and open spirit,” he said how to remove the “conflict,” his foreign colleagues made it clear that they do not feel that way at all. Enditem